BANANA APPAM /PANIYARAM Recipe
INGREDIENTS :* 1 Cup Rice flour
* 1/2 Cup Fine Rava/Sooji
* 1/2 cup powdered jaggery
* 1 cup water
* 2 over ripen bananas mashed well or pureed
* Some grated coconut (optional)
* 2 Tblsp ghee or coconut oil for shallow frying
* ½ Tsp cardamom powder
* ½ Tsp ginger powder (optional)
* A pinch of baking soda (optional)
* Take a bowl, peel 2 bananas and mash or purée them well
* Now add 1/2 tsp cardamom powder, 1/2 tsp ginger powder
* Now add jaggery powder to the bowl along with 1 cup Rice flour ,1/2 cup Rave/Sooji and some grated coconut.
* Add a pinch of baking soda (optional)
* Mix well and make a smooth batter without any lumps.
* Heat the appe pan and add 1/2 teaspoon of ghee or coconut oil in each mould.
* With a spoon, pour the batter in each mould.
* Keep on low or medium flame while cooking the appe.
* When the rest of the banana appe are golden, turn them over and cook all of them till crisp and golden.
* Once done remove and place them in a casserole.
* Serve them hot or warm as breakfast or evening snack.
88 total views, 4 views today