Smoothies are often termed as a versatile beverage. They are easy to make, portable, modifiable and diet-friendly. Just blend in some healthy ingredients of your liking (fruits, vegetables, juices, yogurt, nuts or seeds) and you are good to go. But, hey, avoid adding a lot of fruit juice and sweeteners, like syrups and honey.
Smoothies can give you a boost to kickstart your day when taken as or with breakfast. You can also take it as a mid-day snack meal to avoid a hunger-crazed urge to binge on an unhealthy option.
Got all tempted right? It is time to whip up some ingredients to make a healthy wholesome “Cinnamon Smoothie with Berries”.
Things you will need:
½ cup unsweetened almond milk or skimmed milk
⅓ cup or 8-10 strawberries (chopped)
¼ tsp vanilla extract
½ tsp cinnamon powder
1 tsp peanut butter
1 tbsp oatmeal
1 cup ice
1 walnut, 4 almonds (for garnishing)
½ tsp stevia powder (You can also use sugar. Just make sure the amount is healthy)
How to prepare:
(1) Pour all ingredients into the blender.
(2) Blend until smooth, creamy and light pink.
(3) Transfer to a glass or a bowl
– Add ice cubes in the end (while blending)
– Garnish with nuts and a few more berries to enhance the flavors
1 bowl contains
Calories: 145 (+10 cals if used sugar)
Carbohydrate: 4g (+2.5 gm carbs if used sugar)
Nowadays people are quite concerned about what they eat. Even though we know so much about the importance of good food habits, the lack of time hinders all our health-related plans. “You are what you eat” is a common saying. Be aware of what you are eating. Among all other food alternatives, the most promising contender which has taken place by being easy-to-make breakfast or mid-meal option is Smoothie.
Let’s dive in to know about the ingredients used in “Cinnamon Smoothie with Berries“:
– Skimmed milk is a low-fat form of full-fat milk. It is made by centrifugal separation, where all the fat content is separated from the milk. Whole milk or full-fat milk contains around 8g fat per glass, whereas skimmed milk contains less than 1g fat per glass. Additionally, it has been found that skimmed milk provides the same nutrients as whole milk. Adding a low-calorie or low-fat milk can add all benefits of milk to your beverage without compromising health.
– Strawberries are packed with vitamin C, fiber and antioxidants. While the vitamin C content can help you to keep your immunity stronger, the fibers help you stay full for a longer time and avoid unhealthy munching.
– Cinnamon is known as a super spice. It adds warmth to the drink when combined with the classic flavors of peanut butter or banana. Some researchers have shown that it has antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, antidiabetic and antimicrobial properties.
– Peanut butter, nuts and seeds provide protein. They also provide heart-healthy fat. Peanut butter adds texture to the smoothie. It is rich in protein and low in carbs. It is a fairly rich energy source, but do check if you are allergic to peanuts or not.
This nourishing smoothie is sweet in taste and is perfect for when you are rushed off your feet. It is loaded with antioxidants and other benefits. Do try this at home and tune in for more such easy homemade recipes.
What to keep in mind:
— Don’t go overboard by adding too many different flavored fruits.
— Always check the final calorie intake you will be consuming.
— Check the size of the glass as too much of everything is harmful.
— Avoid taking only smoothies. Food has its own place.
— Taking smoothies at the wrong time.